Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Apple Cupcakes

So peanut butter and apple together in a cupcake may not sound all that great, but they taste pretty darn good! 

I have a TON of peanut butter in the house, so I've been trying to find creative recipes to use it in.  Then I saw a bag of apples sitting on the counter and thought they would go good together.  So I did a Google search for peanut butter apple cupcakes and found this awesome recipe.  I actually ended up cutting back the sugar just a little and they still came out plenty sweet.

I had planned to make a chocolate whipped cream topping for them, but I didn't end up getting to it.  I used a can of milk chocolate frosting from the cupboard instead and it worked out great.  Next time I try them (and yes, there WILL be a next time) I'm going to add in a little more apple and definitely make the whipped cream.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment