Monday, October 24, 2011

Upcycled t-shirt dress - practice round

We had a little chilly weather here the other day and when I went to dress my kids I realized that they didn't have any warm clothes that fit them.  So we went shopping.  NOT fun!  The price of kids clothes is just ridiculous.  Especially for items that they are only going to wear a handful of times.  So I started wondering how I could get them clothes without spending a fortune.  Then I walked into my garage and saw the many boxes of old clothes waiting patiently for a yard sale.  hmmm....could I?  dare I?  yes!  yes I will!

I pulled out one of my old t-shirts (you know, one that nobody would think twice about if it ended up a shredded disaster) and started cutting.  I had no pattern, just an idea in my head.  And in the end, I think it turned out pretty good for my first go at it.  There are definitely things that I will change on the next one (the neck is too loose), but overall I'm pretty proud of myself!

I forgot to take a picture of the shirt before I started cutting, so here it is in a different color (yeah, I actually bought the same horrible t-shirt in several colors).
And here is the finished product (needs ironed, but just ignore that!)
And my beautiful model!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment