Sunday, October 30, 2011

I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself!

We did our weekend shopping yesterday and I saved a lot of money. How you ask? Coupons!

I'm definitely not an extreme couponer. I wanted to be (still kind of do), but I just don't have the time or patience for it. With 2 small kids at home, it's a wonder I get any shopping done. Let alone shopping with coupons. But Saturday morning, my husband and I sat down at the kitchen table and went through the several months’ worth of Sunday coupon inserts that had been collecting. We haphazardly sorted and organized them and headed out. I had a list of what we needed, but I didn't check any ads for who had what on sale. We just headed to Kohl's, Target and Publix (our stores of choice).

I had a 30% off coupon and $10 in Kohl's cash that happened to overlap on Saturday, so we headed there first. I ended up getting Christmas outfits for both kids. I spent about $32 out of pocket and saved over $60.

We then went to Target. I love Target, but I also hate it. I always seem to find too many things to buy when I'm in there. I had some pretty good coupons that were close to expiring, so even though items weren't on sale I bought them anyway to use the coupons. I got everything on the list plus a lot more. Paid around $78 out of pocket and saved $68+.

And finally, Publix for groceries. We got a bunch of items that we didn't plan on buying. But, they were on sale and I had coupons to match so we stocked up. We ended up filling the cupboard and deep freeze! Our total there was about $120 out of pocket with $90+ in savings.

So even though we spent more than we planned, we got a ton of items and saved a bunch! And the best part.....I don't have to drag 2 little kids shopping for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment