Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Resolutions

So, we're almost a full week into the new year and I still haven't posted my New Years Resolutions.  I've thought about them....you know, working out more, eating healthy, being a better parent/wife/person...blah, blah, blah.  Every year it's the same old stuff.  And how long do we ever make it on these radical resolutions anyway?
Well this year I've decided that I'm not making any.  I always say that I don't make promises that I'm not sure I can keep.  And yet, I always make New Years Resolutions.  How is that any different than breaking a promise?  I mean really!  I never follow through with them the whole year, so that's basically breaking a promise to myself.  Well NO MORE!!
I work out when I can.  I eat pretty healthy.  I think I'm a pretty good mother/wife/person.  So I'm no longer going to start the year telling myself to be better.  I AM better! And I don't need January 1st of every year to try to make me think that I'm not good enough.  So take that January 1st!!!  I'm not falling for your trap this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment