Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Club

I've decided to start a Christmas Club. 
Every year, I like to be able to give back during the holidays.  Most years I really enjoy "adopting" a child from a local Angel Tree.  But, like most people, time and money is never on my side.  So, I'm going to try to change that.  Every month I am going to either make or purchase one item to be given away during the Christmas season.  Whether it be a crochet hat or a clearance toy or outfit, my goal is one item every month.  I am going to make a list of the items and store them in a special Christmas tote.  By the time Christmas gets here, I'll have a great collection of items to donate.  No last minute scrambling to find something and realizing I don't have enough money to buy anything nice.  (Plus, gifts are so much more expensive right before Christmas).

I invite everyone to join along with me.  AND, I've also decided that I will let people purchase hats from my shop at a discount for this cause.  All headbands/headwarmers will be $3.00, basic beanies will be $5.00, and all other hats will be $8.00.  You may "purchase" an item, I will make it, and I will keep it here in the Christmas tote.  These items will NOT be shipped out.  Just another way for you to help out without the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment