Saturday, November 5, 2011

30 days of thanks - day 5

I put in my last pair of contacts yesterday and headed out of the house.  My left eye soon started to hurt, so I was rubbing it and just assumed I had scratched it a little.  When I got home I took my contacts out to let my eye heal.  I put them back in this morning, only to find that my left eye started hurting again.  So I took the left contact out and examined it.  And it has a rip in it!  GREAT!!  Did I mention this was my LAST pair?  And I don't have vision insurance?

I started calling around to make an appointment and everybody in my area is booked until NEXT Saturday.  I finally called the place I went to for my last exam and told them what happened.  The girl said that if I came in she would give me a pair of trial contacts to hold me over until I could get an appointment.  So I flew out the door and got there as quick as I could.  And I can see again!

So, today I am thankful for the nice girl at the eye center.

No comments:

Post a Comment